Monday, April 22, 2013

Safe and Eco-friendly Dog Toys

Dogs love play time, but as an earth-conscious dog owner, it is important for me to think about what I will allow my dogs to play with and what kind of dog toys I will buy for them. I recently wrote an article for Petcentric about strange things my dog plays with and discussed how much my one dog loves to play with recyclables. Now, although that may seem as the perfect Pupcycled way to play, it really isn't safe. My dog could get a plastic cap stuck in his throat or cut himself on a soup can. So, I do occasionally throw water bottles around and let him fetch them because he likes the sound they make, but there are other safe and eco-friendly dog toys out there.

Here is a list of some great earth friendly dog toys:


As you can see from the pictures, Charlie can enjoy water bottles safely tied inside an old cotton sock.

I would love for you to share other ideas you have in the comments section below!


2 comments:

  1. One of my dogs loves to chew on water bottles. It's funny because when we're done the water he sits there looking at us as if to say, "Can I have that now?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the noise they make I think. However, my other dog isn;t interested in them one bit!

    ReplyDelete