Sunday, October 27, 2013

Preparing for the National Dog Show in Philadelphia

I am excited to announce that I will be attending this year's National Dog Show held in Philadelphia, PA on behalf of Purina's Petcentric site. I currently write both inspirational and pet knowledge articles for Petcentric and was offered to cover the show several months ago. The show takes place on November 16th and 17th but is not shown on television until Thanksgiving Day. Since I have only ever owned one pure bred dog in my entire life, I am looking forward to the show and all the various breeds that will be represented. I also look forward to talking to pet trainers, owners, and lovers about eco-friendly products they enjoy. My dogs have really loved the various eco-friendly balls I have purchased throughout the year, but I am interested in the toys and treats that "real" trainers use and if eco-friendly is a concern to the majority of the trainers out there. In addition to writing an article or two for Petcentric, I plan to have some "after the event" blog posts featuring some trainers and dog owners and the products they love, similar to the Featured Fridays I did over the summer.

These posts will lead nicely into my top ten eco-friendly dog gifts for 2013, which will be revealed prior to Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping! In the meantime, if you have started your Christmas shopping and are looking for "green" gifts for your dog or another dog owner, check out Bambeco. Bambeco is a new online store I have found that has a nice variety of eco-friendly dog toys. Be sure to check out my LINKS page for more online stores.

For more information about the National Dog Show, visit The Kennel Club of Philadelphia Information Page. Please post if you happen to be attending the show, since I would love to meet you! You can also contact me by e-mail at chrissieklinger@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment