Here are the supplies you will need for an upcycled DIY dog treat container:
- Old tin canister (Christmas popcorn tins can always be found at the thrift store)
- Spray paint (try to get the most eco-friendly kind you can find)
- Chalkboard paint
- Decorative ribbon (optional)
- Spray paint the outside of the tin and the lid. (It is best to not paint where the lid and canister meet because it can make it difficult to open and close).
- Let the tin dry for several hours before painting on the chalkboard paint.
- If doing a bone or paw print, draw the shape on the tin with a permanent marker to make painting easier.
- You will need to put 2-3 thin layers of chalkboard paint on the tin and be sure to have at least 30-60 minutes between application of layers.
- Let the chalkboard paint dry for 24-48 hours before writing on it.
- Decorative ribbon can be glued on to the edge of the lid if desired.
Check out Pucycled's homemade dog treat recipes to make awesome treats to put in your upcycled canister!
If you are looking for more upcycled DIY dog treat container ideas, check out these: